sábado, 24 de septiembre de 2016

Un poema sobre la otra cara del privilegio (E.R.)

A poem about the other side of privilege, de E.R.:

If your heart is not your own to give
If hierarchy is where you live

Don't let me fall in love with you


If all I can be is an expendable third
If I can't trust when you give me your word

Don't let me fall in love with you

If your love is so fragile that I am a threat.
If I constantly feel like I'm in her debt

Don't let me fall in love with you.

If dreams of unicorns are what you both crave
If I'm expected to simply shut up and behave

Don't let me fall in love with you

If I have no control of the path our love takes
If I'm the one blamed for all the mistakes.
If I have no voice, no power, no say...
If I'm simply a plaything and then sent away

Then please, don't let me fall in love with you.

----------------

[Si no tengo control sobre el camino que nuestro amor tome,
Si no tengo voz, ni poder, nada que decir,
Entonces por favor, no te involucres así conmigo.]

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario